Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Audi Q7: Roman,Having troubles with the Audi Q7 MMI

Customer Question

hi Roman,
Having troubles with the Audi Q7 MMI System...
2006 model
Button panel was liquid damaged 2 years ago and after 2 months radio volume started cutting in and out along with the radio display centre of the dashboard.
A few weeks ago i replaced the circuit board for the buttons and the issue still occurs.
We can now use the buttons to control systems that are functions like the Car settings but the radio - Telephone and Navigation systems are playing up!
The DVD for the navigation system located in the boot will not even eject.
Your help would be greatly appreciated :-)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Inspect the electrical connections at the control panel as well as any other electronics in the area the liquid was spilled to see if any connections are found wet or corroded as well as any other electrical components damaged needing replaced.If these are all checked and found o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Pete,Just checked everything out. the spill was contained in the MMI control panel. The only computer below was for the SRS. I believe that when the spill occurred it short circuited one of the many computers that relate to the MMI system and as I read another post on the site, if one goes because they are all paired by fire optic they all can play up? I am trying to work out which one it is so I can replace it.Thoughts?