Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Hyundai i45: We have a 2011 Hyundai i45 Premium. A month ago

Customer Question

We have a 2011 Hyundai i45 Premium. A month ago my wife's set of keys ceased to start the car. I replaced the battery but it still didn't work. I inserted the key holder into the slot in the console and started the car. My own keys have not been a problem except when my wife leaves my keys in her purse when she goes out in her car and I have to use her keys!! How can I fix this problem?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,I will try to help you with your key problem. A typical problem for push to start cars.If the battery is fitted correctly, and you haven't dislodged a battery contact within the back of the key, then if you don't have a DVM to measure the battery voltage, I'd swap the batteries between both keys. I'd say one key is faulty.If the key has any fluid near it, circuit failure is generally the result.Hyundai will need all your keys if you need to replace one. Hope this helps. Gary