Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Toyota Land Cruiser: G'day i have an 86 hj60 landcruiser diesel

Customer Question

G'day i have an 86 hj60 landcruiser diesel (24v). My headlights on low beam wont turn off, even with the fuses pulled. I have had to resort to disconnecting the battery
Any idea what the problem could be ?
Thanks - Nathan
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 2 years ago.
Hello Nathan, I would suggest either the switch has failed closed, or more likely, the control relay has stuck in the low beam on position. The fusing is usually applicable to the low current feed to the relay, ie the switch side, so once again more likely the relay. I cannot remember it's location in the HJ60, unfortunately. A gentle 'slap' with the plastic end of a screwdriver over the contents of the relay box may disengage it with the lights powered up..Let me know how you go..CheersScott