Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser: , I have a 2006 PT Cruiser Route 66…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a 2006...
Hi, I have a 2006 PT Cruiser Route 66 Edition and have had nothing but problems with it. The latest is the dash lights constantly flashing and dinging, losing power (which is crazy scary), the key remote not working even though the battery has been replaced and now it is completely dead,unable to even start it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/21/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
You have at least a couple problems going on.
The warning lights coming on could be a number of things including the instrument cluster, wiring, the ignition switch, the instrument cluster itself, or a bus communication issue. It will take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to know what is going on, these symptoms are often caused by an ignition switch issue.
The keyless entry not working could be the key itself or an issue with the wireless control module. The WCM is the module that communicates with the key. If the only issue with it is RKE not working then the key would be most likely, if it started and died three times and now the starter is locked out then a failed WCM is likely.
If the vehicle is electrically dead now then a dead battery is most likely.