indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

100 series landcruiser: I have a 2004 100 series manual 4.7

Customer Question

I have a 2004 100 series manual 4.7 v8, only 98,000 easy kms on the clock. Recently purchased a 24ft 2800 kg caravan. Due to fuel consumption have had fitted a Beaudesert exhaust with extractors fitted. Recently driving uphill from Ballina to Alstonville on the Bruxner Hwy, at 80kms an hour in 4th gear, I experienced clutch slipping. Dropped immediately back to 3rd gear and all OK. No history of this previously. Is this a common problem, and what can you advise.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hui .
Yes this is a common issue when truck used for towing ,4th is the first to fail.
Check first the transmission fluid level and condition ,should be a nice transparent red to light brown ,if dark brown to black then the 4th
plate has warn down..
If fluid looks good you will need to check the fluid line pressure and check for possible malfunction codes ..
The Beaudesert exhaust system has nothing to do with this issue so no problem there .
Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.