sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Kia Sorrento: ***** ***** a 2007 Kia Sorrento 4x4 and cant get the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Kia Sorrento 4x4 and cant get the spare tyre down? Is there any special way to go about it?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming that you're using the tool to crank the tire down but it isn't moving.
If it doesn't move when cranked down there are two possible issues.
One would be the tire is simply stuck to the undercarriage. If that's the case then it will just need to be pried down and broken loose.
The other possible issue is that the winch is frozen. If the tire isn't dropped regularly then the winch will corrode and will eventually not lower anymore. If the cable isn't dropping then you can try prying on the tire while lowering to see if the winch will release and start to drop the cable. If that doesn't work then the cable will need to be cut and the winch replaced.