Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have just had my 2009 xr6 transmission heat exchanger bypassed…

Customer Question
i have just had my...
i have just had my 2009 xr6 transmission heat exchanger bypassed and a transmission service done. As soon as i drove the car i noticed a roaring sound under moderate acceleration which wasnt present prior to the service. It sounds like induction noise but nothing around the induction was touched.
The car had a sort of soft whistle sound which I prefer.
Please help as the mechanic who did the service has no explanation.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/14/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The problem may not be related to the work that was done.
If the air intake duct has come off or is damaged that will definitely cause a noise from the engine compartment on acceleration. It will give sort of a throaty noise that is directly related to throttle. This could be duplicated while sitting still and opening the throttle or brake torquing the engine. The first thing I would recommend is making sure all air intake components are installed and undamaged.
Other than that, if the problem started after work was done I would suspect something may be out of place. If an a/c line, transmission line, power steering line, exhaust component, etc was left out of place or bent enough to touch something else then it will transmit noise. Anything attached to the engine will transmit noise and vibration to the body if it comes in contact. Again you can try brake torquing it in both reverse and drive and see if you can duplicate the noise. If it only does it in drive but not reverse then it may be something touching and transmitting vibration.