Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Mazda 6: . I own a 2012 Mazda 6 touring. It has a problem

Customer Question

Hi. I own a 2012 Mazda 6 touring. It has a problem I'm sure previous owners knew about but were dishonest. 3 days after purchasing car I noticed air con cut out, just started blowing warm air and strangely the outside temperature gage dropped into minus degrees (-18 degrees Celsius etc). Would stay like this for a period of time sometimes 2 hours, sometimes a day then the air con would come back on and temperature gage slowly return to normal. This happened sporadically for a few months but now I permanently have no air con and the temperature gage is always in minus degrees. Can you suggest what the problem might be? Thank yoj
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having is likely caused by either a failing temp sensor and or the control unit or the wiring to it, unfortunately there is no way of know which is failing with out doing some testing starting with a computer scan when the AC is not running. If you can get the system scanned and post back with the fault codes we can work from there.