Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Subaru: Is it possible to swap a transmition to a manual in…

Customer Question
Is it possible to swap...
Is it possible to swap a transmition to a manual in a Liberty GX ?
What else has to be moved over?
Single lady on fixed money. Don't want to be ripped off
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/6/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.!
I'm assuming you're wondering about converting an automatic transm9ssion to manual. It would definitely be possible but not cost effective. In addition to a replacement transmission it would also require replacement of the engine controller and powertrain wiring harnesses which would essentially double both the parts and labor price as opposed to replacing the transmission with the correct one.
AU Auto Mechanic: dianne-cssm,
 replied 3 years ago
dianne-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/australia-car/94qkx-subaru-possible-swap-transmition-manual.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.