sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

TJ: Hii do have Jeep Wrangler / 2002 / 2 door sport (soft

Customer Question

Hi
i do have Jeep Wrangler / 2002 / 2 door sport (soft top )
It started of with lack of power so i replace fuel lift pump in tank and now its still playing up
like its trotel position sensor ore runs/idels on 3 cylinders - lack of power.
SO PLEASE ADVICE WHAT CAN I DO ???
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you have multiple dead cylinders the most likely cause would be a failed coil or a coil driver circuit issue. There are three coils in the coil pack each firing two cylinders, one coil not working would take down two cylinders.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is checking for fault codes. Do you know what codes are setting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response.

Firstly, how would I check the fault codes manually on the Jeep, as I have no computer or such instrument plugged in ?

Secondly, can you please confirm the positioning of the "coil pack" that you refer to in your original text, and furthermore, how do I test the coil pack ?

The coil pack mounts over the spark plugs. Testing of it wouldn't be necessary at this point, only if there are coil codes set and the wiring and drivers check out.
You can check fault codes by cycling the key three times from off to on ending with it on and watch the digital odometer display.