Scott
Scott, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 yrs experience with Aussie, Japanese & British cars
29644491

Daihatsu : HiI'm pulling a daihatsu 3/83 transfer

Customer Question

Hi
I'm pulling a daihatsu scat 3/83 transfer case to pieces and all three gears in the transfer case have teeth missing and it is a five speed gearbox. I was just wondering if anyone knew the availability of these gears as I live at Camooweal in the north-west of Qld.
Thanks Dan
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dan
Other than the possibility of a wrecker in Isa having a spare transfer case, complete, I'm going to guess that your options are limited. There's a number of gear specialists in Sydney that may be able to help - or possibly a Daihatsu wrecker in Brisbane may have something. Most likely quite difficult to find second hand parts for - expect to be offered a compete transfer case if you find one.
Other than that, Diahatsu may still carry some new parts for it..
I hope that helps. Any more questions let me know..
Cheers
Scott