Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

Volvo s80: I have no battery in a volvo s80 2000 the trunk

Customer Question

I have no battery in a volvo s80 2000 the trunk won't open with the key how do I open the trunk?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Can you access the inside of the car and open the doors?
Then try this:
Accessing the Trunk from Inside
1
Reach behind the back seat to access the trunk.
2
Pull the release control handle on the inside of the trunk to release the backrest. This may be somewhat difficult as you have to feel around for the control handle.
3
Fold the backrest down. You now have access to the trunk. If it is too dark to see inside the trunk, use a flashlight.
4
Pull down the florescent handle on the inside of the trunk lid. This will open the trunk.
Gary
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No help backrest is fixed and there id only a small ski port type access to the trunk. I need to know how to open the trunk by powering up the electric release or some way of remote release.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
If you fold the centre seat ski port down and view the inside of the boot lid, is there an access trim near the lock? A small trim panel, could be a small circle that flips out etc.
A few of our cars have this system, difficult unless your small enough to go through the port.
I also found this:
"Actually if you look right above your license plate there is a plastic cover covering a key hole on your trunk. Look right up buy license plate lights remove the plastic cover and you can manually use a key to open the trunk.
It's a black cover right next to the switch you press to open the trunk. I have an S80 trust me it's there nobody knows about it".
Maybe this might help.
Gary