Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo s80: I have no battery in a volvo s80 2000 the trunk…

Customer Question
I have no battery in...
I have no battery in a volvo s80 2000 the trunk won't open with the key how do I open the trunk?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Car
5/21/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic
Can you access the inside of the car and open the doors?
Then try this:
Accessing the Trunk from Inside
1
Reach behind the back seat to access the trunk.
2
Pull the release control handle on the inside of the trunk to release the backrest. This may be somewhat difficult as you have to feel around for the control handle.
3
Fold the backrest down. You now have access to the trunk. If it is too dark to see inside the trunk, use a flashlight.
4
Pull down the florescent handle on the inside of the trunk lid. This will open the trunk.
Gary
No help backrest is fixed and there id only a small ski port type access to the trunk. I need to know how to open the trunk by powering up the electric release or some way of remote release.
Hi again,
If you fold the centre seat ski port down and view the inside of the boot lid, is there an access trim near the lock? A small trim panel, could be a small circle that flips out etc.
A few of our cars have this system, difficult unless your small enough to go through the port.
I also found this:
"Actually if you look right above your license plate there is a plastic cover covering a key hole on your trunk. Look right up buy license plate lights remove the plastic cover and you can manually use a key to open the trunk.
It's a black cover right next to the switch you press to open the trunk. I have an S80 trust me it's there nobody knows about it".
Maybe this might help.
Gary