Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Terrano: 1993 Terrano, 3 ltr V6 auto. When up to temperature

Customer Question

1993 Terrano, 3 ltr V6 auto. When up to temperature and under load ( going up hill ) gives appearance of running out of fuel. 2 minutes on roadside and driving again. Has new fuel pump & filter. Plugs, leads, coil pack and dizzy cap replaced and still have the problem. Would be greatful for any suggestions
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check the fuel cap as in some cases if the fuel tank isn't venting properly this can create a vapor lock in the fuel system and cause this here.When this occurs try opening the fuel filler cap and see if it starts up and runs again.If it does then the fuel tank ventilation system needs checked/tested to locate and correct the tank venting issue and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete