Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My slave went today on the hilux ... The piston in the slave..clutch…

Customer Question
Hey mate, u know anything...
Hey mate, u know anything about clutches ? I think my slave went today on the hilux ... The piston in the slave has come out oil squirting out wen pushing pedel , but I should still be able to drive it with out a clutch.. But .... The clutch is still engaged ! It's like stuck in .... Like someone is pushing in the pedel in ?? Any idea ?? Why is it engaged ?

please email [email protected]

or call 0415 877 222   adeliade
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/29/2010
AU Auto Mechanic: TTVN, Performance tuner, Diagnostic tech replied 8 years ago
TTVN
TTVN, Performance tuner, Diagnostic tech
Hi there
It would appear that your clutch plate lining has worn down to the point where all the free travel has been taken up by the hydraulics and the piston has popped out of the slave cylinder

often they pop out and leak out the fluid but they also cock sideways preventing the clutch to operate

the only way to drive it will to be remove 1 bolt from the slave cylinder and then crack the second bolt and the cylinder will cock sideways and release the pressure off the push rod and clutch fork end let it re engage

as a temporary measure you could replace the cup in the cylinder and use a longer push rod to get you temporarily going to get the clutch replaced

cheers Rod