Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 Jeep Cherokee: fitted..Recently the timing belt..vibration..ltr…

Customer Question
Hi Guys, I have a 2004...
Hi Guys,
I have a 2004 Jeep Cherokee fitted with the 2.4 Power Tech. Recently the timing belt and the big end bearrings(No2 was slightly melted) was changed and the car hasnt run right since. I suspect the balance shafts are not set right as the car idels roughly and has a vibration under acceleration
How do you set the balance shafts on a 2.4 ltr power tech.(naturaly aspirated)
Also when the jeep slows down to a stop it tends to stall? Would this be related to the balance shafts being not in balance?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/29/2010
AU Auto Mechanic: al-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
al-mod

Hi, I'm a Moderator here at Just Answer and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions do go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you.