Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a VR commodore (V6). Today I went to get in it and…

I have a VR commodore...
I have a VR commodore (V6). Today I went to get in it and the remote door opener on the key would not open the door. So I just opened with the key, I started it and wne to work. Then at lunch, same thing happen but this time, not only did the remote not work, I could get it to start. I have reds, radio works and headlights are strong so I dont thinks it the battery, I thought that maybe it was the battery in the key, but changed the battery in both sets I have and still nothing - not even throwing the starter out ..... Any ideas ?????
6/28/2010
Ken
Ken, Australia Car Mechanic
Hi.

Sometimes the connection between the key fob and the silver ring around your key barrel is not the best. Next time it wont crank, try holding in the button on the key fob as you turn the key to the start position.

Let me know how it goes.
Tried this with both keys. The buttton does not open the doors either. Still dead
Does your car have th over ride switch inside passenger side front door on the A pillar? if it does you can try switching this off to see if it works.

If the batteries have been replaced in the fobs you need to reset the rolling codes, this is done by simply turning from OFF to on to off again.

I would double check the new batteries as well, but they wont stop the car starting, the BCM gets that signal from the grounding though the key in the ignition barrel and the contact with the key code reader around the key barrel.

If holding down the button whilst turning the key doesn't work you may have a BCM problem. It may need to be replaced and then reprogrammed by a holden dealer.
Ken
Ken, Australia Car Mechanic
It was a BCM problem. It has been replaced and now is working OK. Thanks for your help.