Andrew
Andrew, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  15yrs experience as an automotive technician working on Ford, Holden and Toyota.
34066875

100 series: Brake light, the abs pump cuts..Accumulator

Customer Question

Hi I have a 100 series with a Brake problem The ABS warning buzzer comes on and the Brake light, the ABS pump cuts in and out, it is as so it is not supplying enough pressure to the Accumulator what is your opinion
Kind Regards
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Andrew replied 8 years ago.
Hi, this could be caused by a leaking accumulator diaphragm causing the accumulator to lose pressure which in turn activates the pump. My advice would be to take it to a Toyota dealer and have them check the abs system as this should log a fault code. Andrew.