Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

rear suspension..shocks..one more suspension knock or noise..pin point…

Customer Question
i have replaced a number...
i have replaced a number of bushes in the rear suspension. The shocks are new. It's just one more suspension knock or noise that I cant pin point the cause. Its on the LHR wheel, and sounds like its more likely to be on the outer side of the car, like its close to the hub etc. Problem is, there is nothing that has any movement now. There was, and I replaced necessary bushes, and those noises have gone. Anything that comes to mind without replacing everything? Bare in mind that if it needs certain bushes done that arent done already, the fuel tank may need to be removed etc.. Any suggestions? Its a petrol/gas model 6 cyl auto sedan 2004 BA Falcon. Odometer has about 500000km on it now.. Thanks. Robert
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/26/2010
AU Auto Mechanic: Glenn Bradley, Australian Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Glenn Bradley
Glenn Bradley, Australian Car Mechanic
Hi Robert, have you looked closely at the stabiliser bar assembly? It consists of the stabiliser bar and two droplinks. The assembly is attached to the subframe with two brackets with rubber d-blocks. The droplink serves as a linkage between the lower
control arm and the stabiliser bar. The droplink has a spigot at one end, which is bolted inside the press-fitted rubber bush in the lower control arm. At the other end the droplink also has a press fitted rubber bush for the attachment to the stabiliser bar.

Edited by Glenn Bradley on 6/26/2010 at 12:28 PM EST
graphic
graphic
If you require any more help/info I do have the BA shop manual on hand for reference. Cheers Glenn