Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

100 series: When tightening alternator belts..td..belly plate and come…

Customer Question
When tightening alternator belts on...
When tightening alternator belts on 4.2 TD 100 series is it recommended to remove the belly plate and come up from underneath
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Car
6/12/2010
AU Auto Mechanic: Andrew, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Andrew
Andrew, Australia Car Mechanic
Hello, normally i do this from the top, a ratchet ring spanner helps as does moving the intercooler hose.There is not a lot of room down there and i have never tried from underneath. Hope this helps. Andrew.