Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a windscreen wiper problem with my 1999 Explorer, I'm…

Customer Question
I have a windscreen wiper...
I have a windscreen wiper problem with my 1999 Explorer, I'm in New Zealand so mine's a right hand drive version. The wipers wont work in any of the delay positions & wont return to the park position, they operate fine in low & high speed but you have to quickly turn them off at the right moment to park them as the switch passes through the delay positions on its way to the off position. I figured the problem was in the park control section of the motor so ordered a new complete unit from Ford, however the new item has a 6-pin plug connection whereas the original only has 5. Ford claim this is now the correct part but offer no help with the connection problem. The cover & plug conection is easily swapped over but it actually houses the park control so I still have the same problem.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Australia Car
Answered in 1 day by:
2/28/2010
AU Auto Mechanic: Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
No, Ford has got the part wrong or it has been packaged in the wrong box. Take it back and they need to look into it, I know the connection you are talking about, the motor assembly they gave you is not for your model.