Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Do pretty much all body parts of an audi a4 fit on an s4 if…

do pretty much all body...
do pretty much all body parts of an audi a4 fit on an s4 if they are the same body type years ie. B7?
10/25/2021
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Chaidez

Good Afternoon, my name is ***** ***** ill be helping you, I understand you are wanting to know about how compatible the body parts are between these S4s and the A4s. Now with who am I speaking with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
jack
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Pleasure to meet you Jack. Do you have specific body parts in mind you want to swap or just want a general idea?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pretty much all the exterior body panels. front end, rear end, hood, doors
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Okay understood. Well all of these panels will fit yes. The S4 only has a different grille, front bumper. same rear numper but the entire lower is painted, and the side skirts. They all will fit though. The fenders, trunk and hood all fit as well although with the hood the washer nozzles are in different positions. They are on the hood on the A4 and on the windshield cowl for the S4s. You could theoretically swap over everything from an S4 and it will all fit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
amazing, and even tho the frill is different it would fit as well?
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Correct. You may need to modify the bumper reinforcement to clear the new bumper and grille but it does all fit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok! sorry what about lights and brakes?
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

The lights do bolt up but the wiring is slightly different so they are not plug and play. The brakes are not compatible since the S4 has much bigger brakes. You can swap them over but expect to need to have a caliper adapter installed so that the new brakes fit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
amazing thank you. im have a new question for you in a new thread
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

Im happy to help! Do you have any further questions related to the body panesl I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not yet!thanks for the great help
Audi Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago

It was my pleasure to help you today Jack. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!

Daniel Chaidez