Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Audi S5 (2013) with an APR Stage 1 tune on it.

Customer Question
I have an Audi...

I have an Audi S5 (2013) with an APR Stage 1 tune on it. When running it hard in Dynamic mode, there is a "pop", and the ECM light goes on...and there is a display telling me that the max R M

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

...is now 4000 RPM. Any ideas ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S5?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No...I have taken it to a shop, where a computer was utilized...and it is not throwing any codes

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 1 day by:
5/29/2018
Audi Mechanic: Walt-Mod, Moderator replied 24 days ago
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Walter, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Walt~Moderator
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’m still without an answer on this. When I’m running it hard (usually not the first or even second time), my 2013 Audi S5 (APC tuned) will “pop”, then the EPC light and the 4000 RPM warning light come on. When you shut off the car, it erases...and it throws no computer codes as to a malfunction. Any ideas ??
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 24 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Hello I’m Wolfgang.What scan tool u have ? Make and modelThanks
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have no idea...my son (a mechanical engineer and car fanatic) owns it...but I also had a German auto repair place check it with their computer...and they came to the same conclusion....no codes were thrown, and all looks good.
Ok then I would say it’s the tune. The light
But it may a fault with the trans if automatic.