Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hood release failure...cant get to release manually

Customer Question
Hood release failure...cant get...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Audi
4/2/2018
Audi Mechanic: Chris (aka - Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

When you pull the release under the dash does it feel to easy or normal?

Have you tried someone smacking the hood above the latch or pulling up on the hood at the latch while pulling the release in the cab?

tried all the above....I have removed from grill for access...still cant find the release lever

Can I get the year, make, model?

2005 Audi A6 Quattro

See if you can get a tool in under the hood to get to the latch bolts to remove them. You may have to flex the air deflector out of the way. I can not recall if there are only 2 bolts or 3. If you can get it unbolted then raise the hood up a bit to release the latch from the hood. Below is an image.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris