Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car isn’t a Audi, it is a 2006 Suzuki swift and a light…

Customer Question
My car isn’t a...

My car isn’t a Audi, it is a 2006 Suzuki swift and a light came on saying, I P circled in red. I have no manual so can you tell me please, what is my problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights are on the panel behind the steering wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I am a female so I know little about it. I haven’t had the vehicle more than 5 months. I sure would appreciate an answer before I take it for repairs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No everything else is perfectl.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Audi
4/2/2018
Audi Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 22 days ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

If you have a 'P' inside a circle that's lit up in red then this is the park / emergency brake , check that the lever is fully down and has nothing jammed underneath it

it also illuminates if the brake fluid is low so check the level in the reservoir

if these are both OK then its possibly the lever position switch on the underside , under the trim . so it would be a case of removing the trim and checking the condition of the switch and its wiring

if this doesn't match then you can use the paperclip icon to post up an image of the dash with it lit up

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Audi Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 17 days ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer