Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 01 AUDI A6 2.7t, gently poured 1/2 bottle of

Customer Question
I have an 01...

I have an 01 AUDI A6 2.7t, gently poured 1/2 bottle of Seafoam into Vacuum Line while car was on. Once finished I turned car off and let sit for about 45 minutes. Went to start it, won't start. Let car sit overnight 3 times and won't start. Changed spark plugs, fuel pump relay and fuel pump. Still won't start. Disconnected battery multiple times to allow Ecu to reset. Still won't start. Car is getting fuel flow and there is spark. What now?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

114k. And yes. Excellent until I had this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. Read my message.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
4/1/2018
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 4 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician
Have you checked engine compression ?
No.
How would that be affected by what I did?
It cranks but won't start.
I know you stated that you slowly put sea foam
In the engine but if something happened internally in the engine then you could of lost compression if something failed internally especially if you havhave fuel pressure and spark while cranking , I recommend you take this step next and check compression you have , one other thing you can check make sure you don’t have any faults in the system . I hope his helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you
I searched for fault codes. None were found. Thus the issue as well. The mechanic that was helping me informed me he did do a compression test when I wasn't present and that came out good too.
You only need a couple things to have the engine run and you stayed you have spark and fuel pressure so next will be timing have you had this checked ?