Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a audi a4 2007 and yesterday when i was driving on…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a audi a4 2007 and yesterday when i was driving on highway i just got the sign of coolant when i stopped the car on a fuel station i just saw there was too much coolant on the floor

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yup everthing was normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i just tow the car and i am thinking to take it to a mechanic as the coolant is leaking really bad and the coolant is all drained out of the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No its just the coolant leak really fast in just 5 minutes its all empty

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Audi
3/29/2018
Audi Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Has the engine cooled off now and have you attempted to put any more coolant in it and looked at the engine with a flashlight to see where it was coming from? It could be coming out of just a hose, or the radiator if it's leaking towards the front of the car.

yup its leaking near the drivers side bottom near the tyre

Alright, can you get a flashlight and look at the engine closely and see if you can see exactly where it's coming out of?

The coolant reservoir is on that side, make sure it's not cracked.

yup its coming from a pipe that connects the coolant basket and the engine

Alright, is that the rubber hose from the engine to the coolant basket? or is it metal ?

its the metal i think i dont know that
i am not sure about it , when i put the coolant in the coolant basket it leaks from bottom of the basket

Alright, If it's leaking from the basket the basket may be cracked or broken, or the hose on the bottom of it is cracked. I've also seen the cooling flange leak but usually that is on the other side opposite of the basket.

Do you see any cracks in the plastic basket itself?