Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shaking violently and yellow system malfunction light came…

Shaking violently and yellow...

Shaking violently and yellow system malfunction light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Where would I find the code, no I do not have a code reader or scanner

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Audi Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Audi?

A4 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it’s cheaper, just happened this evening

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It said Oil pressure too low

3/27/2018
Chris (aka - Moose)

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does it shake only while driving or also in park?

Did it feel like the engine was running bad?

shakes while in park, drive but idling at stop and worse while driving. Yes feels like the engine is running bad.

I believe in your case the issue may be one or more failed spark plugs or ignition coils. Do you have a scan tool to see which codes are stored?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka - Moose)
No, the initial information I provided stated I do not have a scanner or code reader. Can I fix this myself or will it require a mechanic?

If you can do a tune up, then you should be able to address it. A parts store will scan it for free.

Great, thank you.

You are welcome

My nephew was on his way to AutoZone to get car scanned it broke down. Towed to local garage w/Audi certified mechanic said it needs 4 coils, fuel pump a d cost $2,200 or more. Our zip code is 44481 - Warren, Ohio. Is that estimate high?
Great, thank you. Is this something we are able to replace ourselves with some “YouTube” instructions or we have to take to a mechanic.

Any repair can be done by anyone. It all comes down to the tools they have and their skills. So yes it is possible, but I do not know if you have the tools or skills.

Ok, thank you. We found someone who’s a friend that is a mechanic and he has the tools. He’s doing all the repairs for right about the amount of the estimate you sent. Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome