Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't fill my gas tank. Every once in a while it takes…

Customer Question
I can't fill my...

I can't fill my gas tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

Every once in a while it takes abit

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Audi?

1998 a4 Quattro

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the venting to the gas tank.. the large line from the gas inlet to the canister is flowing..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems like the gas fill in obstructed

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long will this take?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?
3/27/2018
Audi Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** just saw that you were still waiting on an expert so I would be happy to assist you with this.

Do you ever smell fuel in the car? It sounds to me like the evaporative canister is about full. Usually when this is the case, you will notice the smell of fuel linger after start-up, and it will also take a very very long time to fill it up

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How much would this be?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I do it myself

Okay the I believe the canister is ready to be replaced. The labor to replace it is two hours, so if you do it yourself that will save you about $300 dollars or more in service fees. The parts will depend on where you get them, the canister is available at most part stores.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even for my year ?

Yes, I just checked and it is readily available. If you have a Napa parts store nearby they will be able to get it for sure, here is the part link:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB270226

Audi Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 27 days ago

Hello, any luck getting this taken care of?

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician