Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Audi won’t run it will try to start. There good. The…

2003 Audi won’t run...

2003 Audi won’t run it will try to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

There good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 200 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The key light comes on

The car is not reqniz the key
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2018
Shawn Few

Are you sayig the key symbol is on and want go off, like security is triggered on ?

you say it try to start ,do you mean It turns IT CRANKS OVER BUT WANT START , OR TRIES TO CRANK OVER

BATTERY CHECKED FOR 12 VOLTS

CABLES LOOSE OR CORRDOED ?

STARTER CHECKED , DO WE HAVE 12 VOLTS AT STARTER ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

the security is triggered on

Have you tired resetting ?

Make sure battery is good and holding 12 volts first

do you have key fob, do locks work ?when pressed ?

Do you have a capable scanner to read Audi security module faults ?

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

let me know

Didn’t work

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

did you check key fob battery ?

did you check car battery for 12 volts ?

are the locks working ?

it Is not recognizing your key ?

we have several things involved here ,from key fob battery ,key fob circuit board, security modules,door,hood,trunk adjar switches ,door locks etc .

Shawn Few
Phone call session started