Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just talked to someone about my audi and the credit card…

Customer Question
I just talked to...

I just talked to someone about my audi and the credit card form wouldnt work with my touch screen. I'm on a different computer now. Do you know who I am?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

Ok, I guess not. I'll start over. My 2009 audi a4 went crazy and was doing weird stuff. Now it won't start and it makes a clicking noise from the body control module

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I tracked down the clicking to the trunk area where I found the body control module clicks and makes lights flash on and off but the key doesnt do anything

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Audi
3/25/2018
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 29 days ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

Have you checked the battery voltage yet ???

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
that was the first thing i did. The battery is only a month old so i took it back where i got and its good with a full charge

Ok does the car crank at all ??

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No. It doesn't. It just clicks real fast and the lights in side mirrors flash with the clicking
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I push the key in but it doesn't do anything
do you have power to the starter solenoid while starting ?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No
Are you positive ? How many volts do you have there while cranking ?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The starter has 12 volts. The soliniod has none
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Big wire, 12 volts. Small wire none
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
When i open the door i can hear the fuel pump pressurize but the inside lights don't come on. The key wont lock or unlock the doors or trunk
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
The clicking is coming from the body control module. In the trunk
Ok since you have interior light issues also and no signal
To the starter solenoid you more then likely have a issue with the BCM you will need to have it coded trough the Audi online server or using a scan tool called Vagcom to be able to code it under long coding . I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you
Audi0405
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician