Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2011 Q5 - WNET TO START IT TODAY AND THE STARTER…

I HAVE A 2011...

I HAVE A 2011 Q5 - WNET TO START IT TODAY AND THE STARTER GOES BUT THE ENGINE DOESN’T CATCH ( NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE). 3/4 TANK OF GAS AND TEMP IS -5 CELCIUS. ALAN

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

NO GOOD ON GAS, AND USUSALLY STARTS IMMEDIATELY

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

NOTHING SO FAR, AND 200 KM FROM NEAREST AUDI DEALER.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NOT REALLY - NO ISSUES WITH VEHICLE AND HAVE HAD SINCE NEW.

3/24/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
The last time that you drove it, you didn't happen to start it up and then move it a short distance without letting it warm up fully, and then shut it back down did you?Like, for example did you start it up to move it out of somebody's way in the driveway or just pull it out of the garage and then shut it down?
No - drove it at highway speeds for 2 hours.
Does it seem to be cranking more quickly than normal? Is it the V6 or the 2.0t?
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
V6
Not cranking faster than normal.
Phone call session started