Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a speaker with a line through it on my MMI screen. No…

I have a speaker...

I have a speaker with a line through it on my MMI screen. No sound through the radio but a static sound when i turn the car off that only lasts a few minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

With the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

Q7 2008. S-line

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a diagnostic done but it showed it was an issue with my phone. I have never used my phone with the car. They unplugged everything in the back left panel and plugged it back in and told me there was power. He said when he unplugged the amp the entire system shut down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car does not have a sun roof, so I don't think its water damage. Everything works on the MMI screen

3/24/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
What I probably do is cold the phone out of the MMI system if possible with the scan tool to completely eliminate it as a possibility.That being said, when something like this happens it basically means that the MMI is faulty.I would probably go to www.car-part.com and get a used MMI unit.I'm not entirely sure how much diagnosis you'll really be able to do without a scan tool. If you buy the scan tool from www.ross-tech.com then I can probably walk you through the diagnosis. That scan tool would allow you to recode the MMI to eliminate the phone if it's possible.In reality the fact that the stereo is making noise when you turn the vehicle off and that my my isn't even on anymore is the biggest indicator to me that the system is faulty.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that is the only way that I am compensated for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician