Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2006 Audi convertible A4 with a six cylinder engine.

I own a 2006...

I own a 2006 Audi convertible A4 with a six cylinder engine. There is an intermittent problem with the air conditioning system that only occurs on hot days and after approximately two hours of highway driving. The A/C cuts out and if I stop and turn off the engine for 15 or more minutes it comes back on as if nothing is wrong. If I continue driving for any length of time the A/C cuts out again. I have brought the car to an Audi Dealership and they could find nothing wrong because all they do is idle the car and the problem does not occur at idling speeds. The car runs perfectly except for this problem. Can you help?Paul G

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As indicated I brought to an

3/24/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need the vin # to get the factory information to assist.

Thanks

VIN WAUDT48H36K010798

ok any other recent word done to the vehicle before this issue?

no

I have seen that the compressor itself . The valve tends to stick where the climate control will not store a code because electrically working fine but mechanically the valve is sticking. the only way is to get the compressor assy .

the only way to verify is to have it act up and hook the gages hooked up to the system with out turning off the car to verify the compressor not pumping then vag com scan tool hooked up where the measured value block readings of the amperage control displayed and if the amperage is reading .700mA or above and there is no pressure being built on the high side of the system you need a compressor.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Thanks it least have plausible answer

my pleasure