Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 Q5 tailgate opens and closes normally, but I have…

My 2010 Q5 tailgate...

My 2010 Q5 tailgate opens and closes normally, but I have the tailgate open warning light lit up, on my inst. display

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Center dash warning light that shows the full car, with a red tailgate section, the door is red when it is open, the tailgat light stays lit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wd-40 on the microswitch assy on the bottom latch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealer would replace the entire unit for $350, but I would rather attempt to fix it myself first.

3/23/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

On your issue you do need the latch assy. the microswitch part is broken and 99% sure that is built in with the latch.

The latch is pretty easy to replace for the normal person.

takes about 30 minutes.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech