Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to know the torque settings for the rear axle of an…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know the torque settings for the rear axle of an 1996 Audi A4

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Audi A4. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I am replacing the rear axle, bearings and drum on my Audi A4. I have all the parts and tools to do this. All I need is the torque settings so I can tighten everything properly.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Audi
3/22/2018
Audi Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

I am showing the rear axle to differential as the smaller being 30 ft lbs and the larger are 59 ft lbs.

The collar bolt should be 85 ft lbs plus 180 degrees for the smaller M14 bolt

If it's using the larger bolt, then the torque is 140 ft lbs plug half a turn or 180 degrees.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Are these the settings you were looking for specifically on this?