Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8t and it recently had the issue…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 audi...
I have a 2003 audi a4 1.8t and it recently had the issue where the wires in the drivers door came apart and touched each other so there is no power to any of the windows now or the mirrors even after fixing the wires. I've checked the fuses man and i can not find a single blown one...
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
3/19/2018
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago
kyle swart

If you give me a little bit I can get the fuse layouts for you. Also, do you have scan equipment capable of speaking with all modules on the car? The module responsible for all of these duties is the comfort module. It is located under the carpet where you put your feet, on the drivers side. I have seen them many times get wet from water leaks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks,
what i have is this scanner it should be able to do that :
http://bit.ly/2u2XBgk
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago

Looks like it might. Address word 046, comfort control module. Check for any codes in there, and we may look at some values too, if we can talk to it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
last time i scanned that module it let me and it said something about every door switch thing being "bad" except for one door.. ill go scan now and let u know what the module says
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok yeah scanned it and it says
01371 " alarm via door contact switch drivers side "
01572 same thing but passenger side.
01574 same thing but rear right side.
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok. What really helps is that we have communication, so hopefully its not internally failed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok cool...so what now? need to get my windows working again for inspection
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the bare wires touched there has to be dead fuse some where, swear i checked all of em that seemed like they could be for the windows / mirrors.
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago

Fuses:

1-Air conditioner10A

2-Footwell illumination5A

3-Heated washer jets5A

4-Radiator fan5A

5-Telephone, oil level sensor, multifunction

switch, rear heated seat, rear window sun blind

(sedan only), shift gate10A

6-Air conditioner (air quality sensor), air pressure

sensor5A

7-Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP), brake

light switch, clutch pedal switch, steering angle

sensor10A

8-Telephone5A

9-Brake booster (vacuum pump)15A

10-Automatic headlight beam adjustment5A

11-Vacant

12-Diagnosis socket10A

13-Steering column module10A

14-Brake lights10A

15-Instrument cluster, navigation system10A

16-Garage door opener5A

17-Park assist10A

18-Vacant

19-Fog lights, rear fog light15A

20-Right low-beams, headlight beam adjustment15A

21-Left low-beams, headlight beam adjustment15A

22-Front doors15A

23-Rear doors15A

24-Central convenience electrical system20A

25-Heater blower30A

26-Rear window defogger30A

27-Socket for trailer towing (controller)30A

28-Fuel Pump20A

29-Engine timing20A

30-Power sunroof20A

31-Back-up lights, automatic transmission,

mirror dimming15A

32-Engine timing20A

33-Cigarette lighter15A

34-Engine timing15A

35-Luggage compartment socket30A

36-Windshield wiper socket30A

37-Intelligence module25A

38-Central electric, anti-theft alarm system, rear

lid/trunk release15A

39-Radio20A

40-Horn25A

41-Vacant

42-Electronic Stability Program (ESP)25A

43-Engine timing15A

44-Seat heating30A

© 2018 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved. Ter

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
alright ill go double check them,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yup. every fuse is good.
bad driver door switch??
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago

Will any of the windows operate at the individual switches at their doors?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they will NOT.
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago

Ok.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what now dude
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master VW Tech. I have seen that the other tech has dropped out . Lets get this resolved

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i looked, its gone. but the car is a 2003 audi a4 1.8t!

is there a sticker in the maintenace manual with the owners manual?

if not is it a quattro?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it IS a quattro. sorry, no manual came with the car.

let me have the vin # please . then give me some time for the correct wiring diagram to assist!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok no problem. vin number is : WAULC68E83A247513.

ok if you have the door panel off . leave everything hooked up and measure from red/black wire to ground what is the voltage key on ?

then the red/green to ground with the key on what do you have in voltage?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no volt meter. not able to do this test. any other way..?

got to have volt meter to get to the bottom of this !!

Its like a crime scene need to get supporting evidence to find the root suspect.

you got to help me to assist you!!

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner