Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Audi A4 2004 cabriolet (the soft top). I had to…

I have an Audi...

I have an Audi A4 2004 cabriolet (the soft top). I had to replace the rear passenger side window regulator. After installing the window it does not line up with the front window proper

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yep. Me and my son. I have tried adjusting the window stops at the top of the regulator, however, this does not fix the issue. When it closes it seems to tilt forward just a little to far.

3/17/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is that the glass is not in the groove/rail properly. You need to adjust the glass. If possible, you maybe able to leave the glass just loose enough so that it can slide or be slid into the proper setting. You were supposed to mark the glass position in relation to the regulator so that it would go up properly.

Here I am attaching glass and regulator replacement information just in case.

Try this and keep me posted.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Hey Todd,
The info you provided wasn't exactly what I needed, but it got me going in the right direction. What I found out was that the rubber grommets the widow is secured with have a little room for play in window position, and when I got frustrated enough and just started hauling on the window it surprisingly moved. But Thanks for the help it got me thinking about the problem differently.

Thank you for the update. I'm happy that you have got this issue resolved.