Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2014 S7 and I would like to know. Sorry, I would…

Customer Question
I own a 2014...

I own a 2014 S7 and I would like to know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sorry, I would like to know if its possible to change a couple of things - have the MMI screen stay closed until the button is pressed (currently it automatically pops up when you start the vehicle) and secondly, in the middle portion of the instrument panel,save the compass as the primary look (currently the default is "short memory" information.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

I didn't say there was a noise ?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
Answered in 2 days by:
3/19/2018
Audi Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 month ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. If you are interested in changing functions like what you described, you may want to investigate the scan tool made by ross-tech. I have the professional series, ($400), and not only is it great for diagnosing problems, but you can go into module coding and change features. It updates frequently for free which is also great. It even tells you what digits change what in the coding features. They also have great support.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner