Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I switch in my audi q7 my dashboard reads ESP FAULT see…

Customer Question
When I switch in...

When I switch in my audi q7 my dashboard reads ESP FAULT see owner manual

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

It just happened right now when I switched it on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Q7?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t tried anything so far and I’m open to seeking help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

So far that’s the only problem I’m experiencing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
3/17/2018
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi I’m Kevin . The esp system stands for electronic stability programme and is basically the system that electronically assists with the vehicle keeping traction . The first step here is to get car plugged into a diagnostic tool and find the reason for warning by reading the fault codes . This then allows a point to start diagnosis

Is there no way to fix it at home without a diagnostic tool

Unfortunately without scanning for the cause it’s impossible to know why the system has shut down