Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Am wanting to know how to pair my smart phone with my Audi…

Customer Question
Hello again,Am wanting to know...
Hello again,Am wanting to know how to pair my smart phone with my Audi A6 2006 2.0l !The MMI Multi Media Interface does suggest that I can use my phone through the sound system however all that I can find on the screen is text saying Telephone not installed.Regards
Ben
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
3/17/2018
Audi Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
There was some issues where in North America vehicles seem to show that option but it wasn't actually available.What you do is you go to the telephone screen you're talking about where it says that the phone is not installed, you leave your MMI on that screen and you go into your phone and you enable Bluetooth. Then you put your phone into Bluetooth pairing mode and when it shows available devices you select Audi and punch in the PIN code 1 2 3 4.The phone should then pair with the car.If I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name is ***** ***** the only way this site will compensate me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.
Thanks do much for your quick response however it simply doesn’t seem to be Bluetooth enabled - it does say that “Telephone is not installed “ which seems to suggest that maybe this system hasn’t been updated to enable Bluetooth
What are my options?
Did you try what I suggested? You don't mention whether or not you went into your phone and looked in pairing mode for something called the Audi.
Telephone not installed is what it says when nothing is paired. That's normal.It would help me if you would respond like some of the things I asked, can you find any Bluetooth menus in the MMI anywhere in settings? Go through all the menus and look.And then search for other Bluetooth devices on your phone regardless of whether or not you find a menu. And please respond to the questions.
Sorry for late reply... yes I checked on the MMI if I could find any Bluetooth settings and I also checked on my phone to see if it was discoverable -