Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got 2002 audi a4 blinkers ,wipers,high beam horn dont work…

Customer Question
hello i got 2002 audi...
hello i got 2002 audi a4 blinkers ,wipers,high beam horn dont work
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
3/17/2018
Audi Mechanic: Wolfgang, Audi master tech replied 1 month ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

In the spare tire area is a 3x5 white options sticker. Can you take a pic and post the pic here to get factory info to assist.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it dos not have it some one took it out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no it ok we can type

ok i do need the vin # please

Disregard the phone request that is an automated message from the site . Note we may need this but lets see first !!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
waujc68e92a312004

did you inspect the connector to the ignition switch to see if there is any meltdown? separate the connector from the switch to make sure!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i just did it is fine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
u still there
Audi Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
These things are all on the load reduction circuit, I would probably check your fuses and see if you have any power to any of the fuses, and then I will look at replacing the load reduction relay unless you have a voltmeter and know how to use it and can test the load reduction circuit.It's also possible that the ignition switch could be faulty, but it's easier and cheaper to replace the load reduction relay.The load reduction relay Powers down things that are not integral to the engine running while you're cranking the engine over to provide as much power as possible the starter.I've attached a picture of the load reduction relay it has number 213 on the top and it's on the relay panel on the driver side above the pedals.The way that you would test this is to install a jumper wire into the relay panel from where the terminal number 30 to where terminal number 87 go into the panel, if everything then functions you want to get a voltmeter and see that one of terminals 85 or 86 has continuity to ground and the other of those two has 12 volts when the ignition key is on. If those things are true and installing the wire between 30 and 87 makes the systems function, then the relay is bad.If you don't get power to 85 or 86 when the ignition key is on the ignition switch is bad.Please make sure you hit accept next to my name if I have answered your question your satisfaction, that's the only way the site pays me.Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions if necessary you can ask even after hitting accept.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank u i will ck them tomorow and i will get back to u
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont see 213 relay
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
send me pic of the relay box maybe they changed relay with diferent number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
let me know when u can get back to me
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician