Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 Ay Quattro is getting stuck in park, i have to pump…

Customer Question
My 2008 Ay Quattro is...
My 2008 Ay Quattro is getting stuck in park, i have to pump hard on break about 4 times before i am actually able to switch gear from park to drive, please help
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Audi
3/17/2018
Audi Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Check and see if your brake lights are working when that's happening, if your brake lights are working every time and it's still doing that then more than likely the electric solenoid in the shifter assembly that releases when you hit the brake to take it out of park is faulty and needs to be replaced. Ideally you should use the vcds scan tool from rosstech.com to scan the transmission control module and see if there's a fault in memory for the solenoid.If the brake lights aren't working every time then you need to replace the brake light switch.If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept as that the only way that the site compensates me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.