Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 S^ Avant, taken the car to various mechanics and none…

Customer Question
2002 S^ Avant, taken...

2002 S^ Avant, taken the car to various mechanics and none can fix engine warning light error code P2097. Its not the catalytic converter. The have changed the sensors etc and the light come back on after a few days

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Avant S6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No taken it to several mechanics, not an audi dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They changed hoses, and sensors

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Audi
3/14/2018
Audi Mechanic: AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner replied 4 months ago
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner

Ok, couple of important questions first, as this code by itself is pretty rare.

1) What sort of scan tool was used to pull fault codes? Generic OBD2 or something VW/Audi-specific?

2) The shops you've brought the car to. Are they Euro or Audi-specific?