Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Passenger door wont lock. 2005 a6 quadro. Nothing so far…

Passenger door wont lock ...

Passenger door wont lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2005 a6 quadro

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far don't know what to try

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

* WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.

* FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.

* PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.

* UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.

* RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Does any of the other functions work like the windows and the outside mirror?

please do let me know

thanks

Everything works the window morrow don't lock with key fob or key

ok good .

You will need to replace the door latch . reason it will not lock is that there are 2 built in microswitches that tells the door module that the door is totally closed . with one of the switches not reading correctly it thinks that the door is partially open.

once the latch is replaced this will rectify the issue!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating my answer does not cost you extra. Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks and my pleasure!

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech