Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Bought a 2014 Audi A8l with front end damage and driver side…

Bought a 2014 Audi...

Bought a 2014 Audi A8l with front end damage and driver side air bags along with passenger side door and seat airbags deployed. What all do I need to look for that might have triggered on car to cut some functions off from car are power cut off to different things in car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, how fast were you going and what did you hit?

Unknown bought from copart needs whole new front end And side rear quarter has small dent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Audi?

A8L Quattro 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself, haven’t done anything yet waiting for it to be shipped

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If possible diagram with all parts and from parts for whole front end of car to get shopping list together along with what I need to look at on car that might have been effect due to crash

3/7/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
All you can really do is visually inspect the vehicle for things that were damaged I would say the front crash sensors definitely and any their bags that were deployed.It's tricky to do airbag repairs because the airbag module doesn't only have a part number but as was called the color code the color code is very often not listed on websites and you won't be able to know what the color code is until you pull it out of your donor car and the airbags need to match the airbag module properly or they'll throw a false. Very often people don't want to Zelda module without selling all the bags with it. Technically you don't need to replace the airbag module and less after you've replaced all of the faulty component you cannot clear the crash data for the module if that happens then you need to replace it.If you don't already have one I would recommend you buy the scan tool from Rosstech.com called VCDS, is by far the best scan tool on the market and one of the cheapest even dealership technicians tend to use it when they're not working on warranty work you're going to need it to get the coating out of the original airbag module and other things.If I've answered your questions your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way that I'm compensated for my time on this site. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask further questions about this topic even after hitting accept.
what about the power being cut off to engine in a crash? Is there a way to flash system to get power back to engine?
You need the scan tool that I mentioned to clear faults. Some Vehicles actually have a pyrotechnic fusible link that the airbag module sets off some Vehicles just have a computer that shuts that part of the system off and when you clear faults it just turns back on.
Ok thank you sire. You have been very helpful
Holy crap, that's going to be a lot of work.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Yesir I work offshore and got this for my mom so I’m not worried about how much money I’m putting in and losing. But thanks for the help on this long project of mine.