Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its sputtering when i step on the gas pedal, Kinda. It

Its sputtering when i...

Its sputtering when i step on the gas pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Kinda. It starts ok for the most part

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

2003 A4 1.8t quattro

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Quattro?

I just changed the spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Some things i have done on my own. I changed coil pack, coil pack wiring harness fuel filter mass air flow senser 219 relay timing belt and more

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel injectors

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/6/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Can i talk to u over the phone instead of just trying to write it all out

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

you changed a lot of things on it so far

do you have a capable scanner that can read live data , and can get m fuel trim readings , long term and short term st idle at oprating temprsture

oxygen sensor readings ,up stream & down stream .

have you clean tb body ?

fuel pressure r test ,is it to specs ?

check engine light on ,any fault codes ?

did this happen after timing belt replacement

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

yes sure

Fuel Pressure at idle speed .................... 4.0 bar positive pressure.
Residual Pressure after 10 minutes .................... 2.5 bar positive pressure.

Ive changed the MAF and the coolant temp senser
I dont have a scanner. I had a Mechanic and took a look at my car about 2 weeks ago.

i read all the faults you got registered .

if you clear them , what comes back first ?

The ecu is not able to maintain a/f ratio.

we need a fuel pressure test and a vacuum leak test .

Me not being next to it , you have a vacuum leak, intake gasket,vacuum lines ,

power and maf signal needs checking , is the ecu , moving from open loop to closed loop .

the tb body will have tps voltage reading , when you pressing on gas is the transition between o to 5 volts smooth or not

you are throwing parts at it , all these fault codes are caused by one fault and the rest are what we call collateral faults

what mechanic say ,replace all these parts ,what check did he do , or just scanned and give you fault codes ?

MAF CIRCUIT TESTING NEEDED HERE

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

He did a vaccum test compression test and deleted the codes that needed to be deleted. He told me to replace the Maf and the coolant temp and i did that and after that car ran like shit. And then i wasnt getting any power so i replaced the 219 relay and the car would not start so i got the battery charged up and chaged the spark plug today and the car is sputtering like crazy when i step on the gas and ther is no power ot the gas pedal

Deleted the codes needed to be deleted ( explain more ) he deleted some and left some ) are these faults you send me the faults before you repairs you did , i m assuming that since u said u have no scanner

So we do not know what fault codes we have now ,I m correct on that ?

if the car is running and you unplug maf sensor ,does engine stumble and dies or rpm surges up or no effect ?

try it let me know

.

He deleted the codes that came up and he deleted them like the pic that i sent to u. That was all befor the repairs.
I will give that a shot

if no effect when maf unplugged means ,not working , if it does change or stumble or dies means it is working ,circuit side at least

Try that ,and when you scan again ,get the fault codes that we have ,since we do not know now

check the pins on the maf connectors make sure it is plugged in and clicks and not backed out .

if that does not work , run the fuel test and circuit to maf sensor ,

read below how to get back in touch , with the fuel trim and oxygen sensor and fuel status and can tell you more if you get me that

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

It stumbles but doesn't die

well, at least we know it is reading , if it stumbles that is a good sign but not full proof test ?

read it again and see if p0102 comes back and run both test i sent you .

we have power , ground, maf signal and air flow on that maf sensor , we need all that working , to know for sure i need readings and the test ran .

I just took the car for a short drive the car wants go but something is not allowing it to go. This is frustrating
Thank u for ur help. I will get back to u later after checking everything

you welcome

let me know

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat