Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, I WENT TO AUTO ZONE AND THEY…

Customer Question
MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT...

MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, I WENT TO AUTO ZONE AND THEY HOOKED UP A COMPUTER AND SAW THAT MY O2 SENSORS NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SO I SAID I WOULD FIX IT IN 3 DAYS ONCE IM READY... SO THE CAR WOULD JERK A LITTLE BIT DURING DRIVING... AND SOMETIMES A FUNNY SMELL WOULD COME INSIDE THE CAR ALMOST SMELLING LIKE FUEL....THEN LAST NIGHT THE CAR STOPS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND WOULD NOT MOVE SO I TRIED RESTARTING THE CAR BY SHUTTING THE ENGINE OFF AND ON AND FINALLY GOT IT OFF THE ROAD TO THE SIDE OF THE ROAD BUT IT WAS JERKING BAD....THEN I CALLED A TOW TRUCK AND BROUGHT IT HOME....NOW I WOKE UP THIS MORNING TO TRY AND START THE CAR AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WANTS TO START BUT ITS NOT AND THE ENGINE IS STILL ON BUT THERE'S A NEW LIGHT THAT JUST CAME ON IT DISPLAYS EPC AND WHEN I PUSH THE START BUTTON I HERE THE CRANKING SOUND FOR 10 MINS BUT NO START. MY CAR IS A AUDI A8L TSFI 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON, EPC LIGHT STAYS ON SOLID

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Audi?

AUDI A8L 2014 TSFI ENGINE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

IM NOT A MECHANIC SO IM HOPING THIS PROBLEM IS A SMALL ISSUE ....IM JUST CURIOUS WHAT IT COULD BE. BECAUSE THE MECHANICS AND DEALERS ARE CLOSED TODAY AND MONDAY FOR THE MARTIN LUTHER KING HOLIDAY SO IM JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS OF WHAT THIS MIGHT BE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

JUST STRONG FUEL ODOR COMMING FROM THE MUFFLER LAST NIGHT REAL STRONG

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Audi
1/14/2018
Audi Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin first do go on autozones diagnosis .you have a missfire which will cause o2 sensor codes as your filling exhaust with fuel .this will give your strange smell and your fuel smell