Audi

Audi Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Audi

2010 a5 2.0 misfires all cyl and massive amounts of oil in…

Customer Question
2010 a5 2.0...

2010 a5 2.0 misfires all cyl and massive amounts of oil in intake foiling plugs. Pcv has been changed with 3 different valves no change timing has been checked 2x compression is 140.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Reciemtly

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have a repair shop but stumped on this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have swapped intakes pcv valves injectors think I have it narrowed down to oil is fouling plugs but how??? It doesn’t seem to have much pressure when u remove the oil cap

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Audi
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last drive was about 9 miles and it lost 1qt oil and fouled the plugs. I was thinking turbo may be blowing oil through intake but the turbo looks dry . Pcv is full of oil but I have tried 2 or 3 different valves. But their is very little suction on the pipe going from the turbo to pcv. On a good car this pipe will suction itself to the pcv??!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The rear seal may have a small leak but not pouring out like they commonly do so I don’t think this is a problem
1/13/2018
Audi Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you done a oil consumption test yet? Have you checked the spark plugs , I will send a chart for you to compare them to. Do you see any blueish smoke coming from the exhaust?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Obviously yes since the intake is full of oil and it’s fouling plugs in 9 miles. And was down 1 qt........

I know we have had a problem with the oil control rings in some of our vehicles and if that's your case the compression would not be effected

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a 2010 Audi A5 not a sion? But it has 125k miles.
Timing chains were done on it and head checked last month do to chain tensioner failure. Cyl walls all looked good still can see original honing marks no scratches.

CHECK THE OIL CONTROL RINGS , ARE THEY ONE PIECE OR THREE PIECE RINGS, If they are one piece then that is the problem as they do not control the amount of oil being left on the cylinder walls. you will need to replace the ring set.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician