Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 A6, 3.0T - 129,000 leaking valve gasket that has been…

2010 A6, 3.0T -...

2010 A6, 3.0T - 129,000 leaking valve gasket that has been fixed twice in the last 90 days. I'm being told the oil leak has damaged the Alternator, pressure regulator, so they need replacing

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Twice in the last 90 days, most recent was last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, Alex Autohaus in Salt Lake

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In addition to the afore mentioned repairs and parts, they sayCoolant Cross over pipes and hoses and other coolant hoses need to be replaced. Tab for all the above is brutal

1/10/2018
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Audi master tech
WAUKGBFB4AN058638
Phone call session started

let me know if you still need assistance down the road!!

my pleasure

Wolfgang