Audi

Audi repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just bought a 2000 Audi a6 quattro 4.2 from an auction.

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a 2000 Audi a6 quattro 4.2 from an auction. The alternator is bad and that's the least of my worries. It makes a loud whirring noise the whole time it's on. Driving and idling. It also squeaks terribly when turning. Last but not least it shakes at highway speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Well I bought it yesterday so I'm not quite sure. The turning noise is definitely coming from somewhere behind the steering wheel. And whirring noise is definitely under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your A6 quattro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. And I haven't tried anything. I'm waiting for the alternator to arrive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's everything

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Audi
1/7/2018
Audi Mechanic: Audi0405, Technician replied 3 months ago
Audi0405
Audi0405, Technician

Good afternoon is the power steering fluid low ??

AudiDoc
AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner